Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

CBOLC - Living Arrangements

latdawgs09
ArmyOCS.com Member

CBOLC - Living Arrangements

Postby latdawgs09 Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 am

I have a report date form FLW on June 1st for CBOLC. I am returning to Germany to get my wife and two kids right after Graduating on 17 April. I was wondering how housing worked with families. They are part of my orders and will be traveling with me. Are we able to stay on or off post? Who would I need to get ahold of to start getting the process started? If off post where is the best area for the time I am there before PCSing?

Thanks for any help in advance.
kryptik
CPT
CPT

Re: CBOLC - Living Arrangements

Postby kryptik Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:26 am

I have a report date form FLW on June 1st for CBOLC. I am returning to Germany to get my wife and two kids right after Graduating on 17 April. I was wondering how housing worked with families. They are part of my orders and will be traveling with me. Are we able to stay on or off post? Who would I need to get ahold of to start getting the process started? If off post where is the best area for the time I am there before PCSing?

So you are PCSing to FLW for BOLC? If that is the case you can live off post. Just make sure your lease includes the military clause so that you can break your lease when you receive follow on orders.
latdawgs09
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby latdawgs09 Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:11 am

Sir,

I will be TDY en Route with my family accompanying me because of our transition from Germany. I believe I have heard that on post housing has a pretty long wait list right now anyway, so I was looking into living off post. I also thought about getting a place that was pre furnished so we didn't have to set up only to move shortly there after.
Son of the Raven
MAJ and Administrator
MAJ and Administrator

Re: CBOLC - Living Arrangements

Postby Son of the Raven Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 am

So you are PCSing to FLW for BOLC? If that is the case you can live off post. Just make sure your lease includes the military clause so that you can break your lease when you receive follow on orders.
The only overriding factor will be if there is specific language in the orders. For example, "off post housing is not authorized" or "family travel is not authorized." Then it does not matter if you PCS or TDY en route there your family's move is on your dime.
Son of the Raven
This means you can't drool in your notebook all week and pass. -- PhantomWarrior
When you can not change the facts; bend your attitude. -- Anonymous

Return to “Chemical”