Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

Airborne or combatives before MP BOLC

tigertrumpet
2LT
2LT

Airborne or combatives before MP BOLC

Postby tigertrumpet Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:36 pm

For someone waiting for MPBOLC to start, which school would be better? I see a lot of people with the airborne wings, but feel combatives may be more useful to military police. If both schools are an option, which one would be of more benefit as an MP officer? Thanks!
citizenjake
CPT
CPT

Postby citizenjake Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Airborne, no question. Sure Airborne's pretty common but its also only at Ft. Benning. Many posts have their own fight houses now or MTT's passing through where you can get your combatives Level 1, not to mention it is only a week long school.

Go to Airborne. Get your wings. Jumping out of airplanes is fun!
nspreitler
CPT
CPT

Postby nspreitler Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Airborne. You can do combatives anywhere and level 1 doesn't teach you much at all. Airborne opens up assignments and jumping is great.
ABNSigO
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator
Location: The Center of the Universe...and the 17 other known galaxies.

Postby ABNSigO Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:13 pm

The only airborne MP unit is the 503d MP BN here at Ft Bragg, as well as the attendant BDE HQ.
Many LTs vie for it apparently. The caliber in the unit is high and all of them aspire to work the road and become jump masters, although some end up leaving the branch once the ARSOF board opens up.
If you want to go to Airborne school and eventually come on jump status, that's something to think about.
Otherwise, there are plenty of MP units that will accommodate you with your jump wings and as was said, give you a chance to go to a combatives course during your training cycle if available.
"I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner." -- Bart Yasso
kryptik
CPT
CPT

Postby kryptik Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Go to airborne school. That is a opportunity that might not come around again. Comparatives should be fairly easy to get at most decent sized posts.
forcedcobra
CPT
CPT

Postby forcedcobra Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Airborne! You'll have plenty of time to do Combatives at your MP BN.
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

As an unreformed mech guy forced through Airborne School, I'm the last person to advocate for Airborne. But, as others have said, you will probably have other chances to go through Combatives. Airborne, not so much.
Jherm
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator

Postby Jherm Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 am

Definitely go for Airborne School if you have the chance. Any installation with a division on it will have its own "fight house" where you can get combatives training.

Return to “Military Police”