Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

Military Cyber Professionals Association (milcyber.org)

ACTyra
Army Officer

Military Cyber Professionals Association (milcyber.org)

Postby ACTyra Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:22 pm

All,

I haven't seen any chatter about this on this forum yet. For those of you who are interested in military cyber (whatever form it ends up taking), there is now a professional organization with the explicit intent of supporting the development of this new career field. This is the Military Cyber Professionals Association (MCPA). The MCPA has existed for a little over a year. There are chapters scattered around the globe with a new one popping up every day.

The stated purposes of the MCPA are to support the development of the American military cyber profession, to facilitate professional development and fellowship among current and former military cyber professionals, and to engage in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) educational outreach.

You should join. Why? I'll tell you why. First, this organization is actively advocating for the military cyber profession. The membership is a source of counsel, information, and news. It is a joint organization, so you'll be networking with professionals from all across the Department of Defense and the private sector. Next, you will eventually need a network like this one. No one reading this message will stay in the Army forever. Eventually, you will either retire or separate from military service. When this happens, the MCPA will be a great network to tap to locate your next opportunity. Finally, the company that you'll find is top notch. The MCPA is a small but growing organization with many VIP members already. While you may not have many cyber peers where you are currently, your peers in the MCPA will include talented professionals around the world to include a number of currently serving flag officers and members of the senior executive service. When was the last time you had the opportunity to network with generals?

What will joining this organization cost? Nothing. You can join the MCPA for the low rate of free. Yes. For $0.00, you can become a permanent member of the only professional association dedicated to the development of the military cyber profession.

Is this for you? Are you ready? I know you are. Visit milcyber.org to read more and to join. If you happen to be in the San Antonio, Texas area, feel free to PM me. I'm in the process of setting up a San Antonio chapter for the MCPA and would love to welcome you to it.

CPT, TXARNG
25A / 53A
ABNSigO
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator
Location: The Center of the Universe...and the 17 other known galaxies.

Postby ABNSigO Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:59 am

Do you have to be in a CPT or the cyber field?
Or will they welcome 25/24/53As as well?
"I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner." -- Bart Yasso
Lionheart
Retired Officer

Postby Lionheart Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Only if you're at least level 80.
...racist homophobes who talk like kind of victorian steampunk neo-nazi get no free pass for being \'misguided.\' - The Badger
DavidE
Retired Officer

Postby DavidE Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Only if you're at least level 80.
Level cap is bumped to 100 next week. It's been capped at 90 for years. Keep up.
<div><br /></div>
ACTyra
Army Officer

Postby ACTyra Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:45 pm

The organization doesn't require any of these things. It is a joint organization comprised of current and former military as well as civilians who are also interested in supporting the military cyber profession.

CPT, TXARNG
25A / 53A
Lionheart
Retired Officer

Postby Lionheart Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:41 pm

...racist homophobes who talk like kind of victorian steampunk neo-nazi get no free pass for being \'misguided.\' - The Badger
DavidE
Retired Officer

Postby DavidE Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:09 am

Port 1337.
<div><br /></div>
Centinel
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator

Postby Centinel Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

Nerds.

Return to “Signal Corps”