Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

Family helping you move to BOLC

Now called BOLC-B. Post and discuss general information about these courses here, please refer branch specific discussions to the Branch forums.
ddro13
2LT
2LT

Family helping you move to BOLC

Postby ddro13 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Hello,
I am wondering about the transition period from OCS to BOLC. We are set to graduate on a Thursday. Does that mean we ship out to BOLC on Friday?

Second question is: can my Fiance come with me to move to BOLC? She would only be there for the weekend and then fly back up to Maine. We'd be driving from OCS to BOLC.
cnicook
CPT
CPT

Postby cnicook Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm amazed you don't know your schedule yet. Do you have orders yet? When is your report date? And yes, your girlfriend can go with you. You will be a commissioned officer, you will be mostly treated like an adult.
tuke09
1LT
1LT

Postby tuke09 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:45 pm

I remember a number of my colleagues that did not have orders or had a report date that was quite a ways out ended up sticking around Ft. Benning and took on various jobs at BCT Companies or as Cadre at OCS.
ddro13
2LT
2LT

Postby ddro13 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:59 pm

I'm amazed you don't know your schedule yet. Do you have orders yet? When is your report date? And yes, your girlfriend can go with you. You will be a commissioned officer, you will be mostly treated like an adult.
Sir, we haven't been told much but we are only a week and a half in the course. Thanks for the response!
buldg99nc
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby buldg99nc Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Which BOLC are you going too?
Son of the Raven
MAJ and Administrator
MAJ and Administrator

Postby Son of the Raven Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Sir, we haven't been told much but we are only a week and a half in the course. Thanks for the response!
Once you get your branch and your orders you will know how much time you have between courses. It varies depending on how schedules line up. I had a week between OCS and the now defunct BOLC II. Some people spend a month between classes.
Son of the Raven
This means you can't drool in your notebook all week and pass. -- PhantomWarrior
When you can not change the facts; bend your attitude. -- Anonymous
nchopp
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator

Postby nchopp Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 pm

He's only a week and a half in - he won't know for a few more weeks.
"Rank does not confer privilege or give power. It imposes responsibility." Peter F. Drucker
buldg99nc
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby buldg99nc Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:13 pm

He's only a week and a half in - he won't know for a few more weeks.
I thought he said Thursday, missed the a in there. As stated, you will be free to roam after OCS so get past the black ascot and fight for your spot on the branching OML!
tanksgt
CPT
CPT

Re: Family helping you move to BOLC

Postby tanksgt Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:54 am

Hello,
I am wondering about the transition period from OCS to BOLC. We are set to graduate on a Thursday. Does that mean we ship out to BOLC on Friday?

Second question is: can my Fiance come with me to move to BOLC? She would only be there for the weekend and then fly back up to Maine. We'd be driving from OCS to BOLC.
It's good to plan ahead and be prepared but, pump your brakes a little. Once you get closer to graduation and you know your branch, then your branch will contact you and give you a BOLC date. You will get PCS orders with specific report dates. You will not "ship." You will no longer be in such a controlled environment. You will go on leave and travel to your BOLC duty station. Once you get closer to graduation, and you have specific questions then I would start posting here for answers. Also, ask your cadre. The NCOs and Officers there will take great care of you.
"Discipline without direction is drudgery"

Return to “Officer Basic Course (OBC)”