Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

BAH during BCT+OCS

Questions about class dates, reporting procedures, and other miscellaneous issues.
Duke19
ArmyOCS.com Member

BAH during BCT+OCS

Postby Duke19 Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I was accepted for BCT + OCS in the Army Reserve and I am getting ready to sign my contract tomorrow. I currently have a leased apartment that my girlfriend and I live in, my recruiter informed me that while I am at BCT + OCS I will receive a basic housing allowance based on my rank. Can any of you confirm this to be true?
Kenny78
CPT
CPT

Postby Kenny78 Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:52 am

You should receive BAH (single rate) for the zip code of the unit you are assigned to. When you go to BCT, make sure that you have a copy of your lease with your name on it.
CPT, MI<br />Southeast Asia Reserve Army Attache<br />Det 2, 3300 Strategic Intelligence Group, USAR<br /><br />
Mktennis
CPT and Moderator
CPT and Moderator

Yes

Postby Mktennis Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Since you are unmarried, you will receive the single rate. It doesn't matter that you cohabitate. The Army will only pay you the dual rate if you are married. As was said before, bring a copy of your lease, and you will receive BAH based upon your stated Home of Record (HOR).
<div>I have never believed in depriving military service to a country man because he is [amongst other things] already unaccustomed to baths, ignorant of worldly delights, and simple in mind." ~Vegetius</div>
tarheel503
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby tarheel503 Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:16 pm

I am very interested in this as well since I am trying to decide if I should put all of my items into storage or just keep my apartment and move after OCS when I know where I will be going.

Kenny78 and Mktennis, thank you for your input. Is there an Army/DOD regulation that I could point to? Not that I don't trust you, but I would like something "official" to point to in case someone later tries to say something different. Is the BAH for both BCT and OCS, and would it be based on my "home" zip code (e.g.: Dallas, where my apartment is and the address on my contract) the whole time, or would it reset to Ft. Benning at a certain point?
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:06 pm

The OP is a Reservist. I'm not sure that BAH during IET is available for active duty 09S. Can someone else weigh in on this?
Kenny78
CPT
CPT

Postby Kenny78 Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am

BAH is only available for AD 09S if they are married. Reservists can get BAH if they are single or married.
CPT, MI<br />Southeast Asia Reserve Army Attache<br />Det 2, 3300 Strategic Intelligence Group, USAR<br /><br />

Return to “General Questions & Comments”