Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

Preparing for BCT..double time

Physical Training, Getting Ready, Soldiering and Training
djs8r0
ArmyOCS.com Member

Preparing for BCT..double time

Postby djs8r0 Sun May 14, 2017 5:31 am

It's not so much as to being nervous but rather curious as to what I may be doing in Fort Benning prior to my BCT start state.

My orders that were given to me after I signed them at MEPS state the following (specific days are left out for OPSEC)

REPORT TO THE MEPS FOR TRANSPORTATION TO YOUR TRAINING LOCATION on 201706XX

BT - - BENN - - START DATE: 201708XX

There's a 70 day gap between the day I arrive at BCT and the day I start BCT.

I respectfully questioned the MEPS counselor upon receiving the orders, the day I signed. He wasn't sure why there's a gap and couldn't provide an answer.

I followed up with my recruiter and the Local BN Office Leadership and they weren't sure either. They thought it was comical, as did I with statements such as, I need to be in Army Basic twice as long to wash out the Air Force experience.

Any thoughts?
caleb13g
ArmyOCS.com Member

Re: Preparing for BCT..double time

Postby caleb13g Sun May 14, 2017 9:55 am

I was going to ask the same thing except I only have a 7 day wait between arriving at Benning and starting BCT.
caleb13g
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby caleb13g Sun May 14, 2017 10:01 am

Is that second date supposed to be your OCS start date at Benning? I couldn't help but notice that there is a 10 week gap between the two and BCT is 10 weeks.
djs8r0
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby djs8r0 Sun May 14, 2017 12:38 pm

No. Here are all the dates. I don't mind posting them now that I've realized there are specific dates for OCS Start-Finish Classes.

Leave from MEPS for BCT: 5June

BCT start date: 14Aug

OCS start date Oct: 23Oct

FYSA: I'm currently Active Duty Air Force and my original DOS was 4Jun2018. When accepted into OCS, MEPS gave me the dates when I went in to sign my contract which reflected the dates above. The Air Force then approved me for early separation with a new DOS 4Jun2017.

I've heard of individuals in hold over when arriving for OCS due to classing up, clearances, etc. I have never heard of being held over at BCT from the very beginning aside from people who have already started and may have been injured or failure to train situations.
Thundercathooo
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby Thundercathooo Mon May 15, 2017 9:46 am

No. Here are all the dates. I don't mind posting them now that I've realized there are specific dates for OCS Start-Finish Classes.

Leave from MEPS for BCT: 5June

BCT start date: 14Aug

OCS start date Oct: 23Oct

FYSA: I'm currently Active Duty Air Force and my original DOS was 4Jun2018. When accepted into OCS, MEPS gave me the dates when I went in to sign my contract which reflected the dates above. The Air Force then approved me for early separation with a new DOS 4Jun2017.

I've heard of individuals in hold over when arriving for OCS due to classing up, clearances, etc. I have never heard of being held over at BCT from the very beginning aside from people who have already started and may have been injured or failure to train situations.
I've got those exact dates. See you on the other side.

Except the leave for MEPS in June. That's strange. I'll be in Ft. Benning 08Aug17

Return to “Preparing for Basic Training”