Reset Individual Recent Posts Settings

After a recent update to the site, the recent topics settings for existing users were reset to the software's default which is different from the site defaults we use on our sites. We cannot override the default settings for existing users. If you wish to match the site's default settings follow these steps:

Navigating to the Setting Page
  • 1. Click on your username in the masthead
  • 2. Choose User Control Panel from the menu
  • 3. When the UCP page loads click on Board Preferences
  • 4. Click on Edit Display Options under Board Preferences
  • 5. The settings you want to tweak at the bottom of the form
Settings for Recent Posts
  • 1. Display recent topics: Yes
  • 2. Select location: Top
  • 3. Number of Recent topics to show: 10
  • 4. Sort recent topics by topic start time: No
  • 5. Only display unread topics in recent topics: No

Anyone Else In This Class?

Start: 26 Feb 2018 End: 19 May 2018
iebailey
ArmyOCS.com Member

Re: Anyone Else In This Class?

Postby iebailey Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Can you explain more on the DTS? Because the way OCS and BOLC is designed, I am not sure what I am suppose to do on it.

Yeah, that should be it. Be sure to get with your S4 about a government travel card, if you haven't already, if you're going to be driving yourself. You're entitled to reimbursement for your trip to and from OCS. My unit, and honestly most of the people I've dealt with on base, have had no idea how to help me either. It's like I'm the first person ever to attend OCS from here.

Ca
My BN schools NCO handled it for me; basically he created the ticket, once it got approved by S4 the travel orders were created. I had to play around with some of the settings on DTS to get it to print in 1610 format. Your travel voucher will cover the days of OCS, 25 Feb to 19 May. It may be slightly different for you, though, since you're in the reserves. Do you have to report back to your unit upon completion of OCS?
Klekim
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby Klekim Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:36 am

After OCS, I will report to Ft leonardwood for BOLC. The main thing I am concerned about is the housing and food allowance that’s allotted in DTs And what I need to do about it since they will be giving us housing and food at OCS
iebailey
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby iebailey Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 pm

Oh in that case you shouldn't have any allowances for housing or food since it's covered by the school. DTS would only serve to reimburse you for your travel.
Klekim
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby Klekim Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:09 pm

So the main issue I have right now for DTS is the accounting codes. My unit says to go through OCS and OCS says that since I am in the reserves, it goes through my unit. Anyone have knowledge on this?
connorkuehl
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby connorkuehl Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Klekim,

I'll be in this class also. I'm an NCO in the Reserve Component. I work at an ESC (1-star sustainment command) and had this same issue. Once I showed the G5 Training/Schools NCO (E7) the MILPER message accepting me into OCS, the unit paid for the orders. The training section will cut the RLAS orders and the DTS authorization (print your 1610). The UNIT pays for the school, because we are USAR or RC.

The line of accounting in DTS is set up by the G8/Finance ultimately, but at lower echelons the S4 handles them I believe. The line of accounting needs (or really should) match the funding source on your RLAS orders.

Does that make sense? I think I've set up subscriptions properly so I'll get notified if you reply here, but if you need info faster email me at ckuehl91@gmail.com
So the main issue I have right now for DTS is the accounting codes. My unit says to go through OCS and OCS says that since I am in the reserves, it goes through my unit. Anyone have knowledge on this?
connorkuehl
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby connorkuehl Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi Klekim,

Not speaking as a Finance expert by a long shot (Signal NCO), but here's my experience with this.

For DTS Per Diem Expenses, the first and final day of your travel/trip should be paid M&IE partial rate (travel days). The rest of the days should be the minimum $5 per day. To make this happen, the lodging and meals should be set to provided & directed. You can click Edit by the first day's line item in Expenses (where it says View in the image below), select the entire date range of the trip, and check the boxes for lodging and meals (or it might say quarters and meals) are provided and directed. Then apply to all and it should change the entitlements.

After OCS, I will report to Ft leonardwood for BOLC. The main thing I am concerned about is the housing and food allowance that’s allotted in DTs And what I need to do about it since they will be giving us housing and food at OCS
Klekim
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby Klekim Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm

My unit is really dragging their feet. I have yet to get the promotion orders and the DTS has not been stamped. Should I just drive and hope that it gets approved by the time I get to Ft. Benning?
Klekim
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby Klekim Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm

My unit is really dragging their feet. I have yet to get the promotion orders and the DTS has not been stamped. Should I just drive and hope that it gets approved by the time I get to Ft. Benning?
connorkuehl
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby connorkuehl Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:07 am

If DTS is not approved, technically you are not authorized to travel. However, it's your own risk analysis at that point. You do need your 1610 (Printed DTS orders) when you in-process, according to http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/199th/ocs/.

If it were me, I'd be contacting every good NCO and Officer I know to get this fixed. Also utilize the AGR and MilTech support chain. Escalate appropriately, but PME/schools are a priority second to deployments, so they shouldn't be dragging their feet.

Personally, I wouldn't drive down (it's 1200 miles one way for me) until I had the 1610, because I'd be risking losing the (2400 miles x $0.54/mile), plus possibly not being able to start the course and being sent home anyway. If your unit is really not moving on it, perhaps you should call the school house and get their opinion. Staff duty # 706-545-9161, from http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/19 ... 20List.pdf

I'm not sure about the RLAS promotion order, I would ask staff duty about that.

Return to “Class 004-18”