Need Site Support?

Please contact the staff through the site's Contact Us form.

USAREC boards

Questions about boards, meeting commissioning requirements, different entry programs, required knowledge, etc.
dct5085
ArmyOCS.com Member

USAREC boards

Postby dct5085 Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Are there set dates for when these boards meet? For example, the Air Force OTS program has selections ~4-6x a year at set times that are released late in the previous fiscal year. I checked on the USAREC website but couldn't find any useful info on this. I'm just trying to judge a timeline so that I can make it easier to plan the separation from civ life.
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Re: USAREC boards

Postby PhantomWarrior Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:52 pm

The latest word on the street was that approving authority for OCS applicants has been given to the recruiting battalions. No USAREC board necessary. I'm not sure if that is still correct or not.

Where are you at in your application? Putting the packet together can go quickly and smoothly or take quite a while. Another big variable is the amount of time between signing your contract at MEPS and shipping out. This varies a lot and could be anyone's guess. You won't know until the day you sign your contact. It's pretty hard to plan ahead at this point.
J1kb
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby J1kb Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:57 pm

I just passed my boards last Friday. My packet did not have to go up to USAREC. The battalion has the final say on ocs applicants right now.
dct5085
ArmyOCS.com Member

Postby dct5085 Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 pm

I see. So do recruiting battalions just approve on a rolling basis then or are there set dates for them as well.
PhantomWarrior
Veteran

Postby PhantomWarrior Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm

The individual recruiting battalions schedule in-person OCS boards. They are usually every month or so. Your recruiter should know.

Return to “Commissioning”