Requesting Commissioned Officer Status or Rank Updates

Users requesting addition to the Commissioned Officers or Lieutenant Mafia group must also send a Private Message containing their Enterprise Email Address to Son of the Raven. All requests require verification before they are processed.

Hometown Recruiting?

Start: 26 Feb 2018 End: 19 May 2018
pmcg0215
ArmyOCS.com Member

Hometown Recruiting?

Postby pmcg0215 Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:22 pm

It's been a trip and a half since coming in to BCT in November and I managed to knock up my wife during Family Day. I know the top 20% in the OML get HRAP assured, but I'm hedging my bets. Being away from my wife has taught me a lot about how critical she is to me already (we had only been married a year when I shipped off to BCT). I plan on PCSing her to my BOLC as able, but some down time would be much needed. I'm an active duty college op, so I should have that open to me so long as my BOLC runs at or around 6 months. I'd still like some light duty time with her at our apartment before I dive head first into BOLC, especially on the off chance I get a branch that wouldn't allow me to PCS her with me.

So far I'm set up well for the OML. My first PT test came in at 286, I got all obstacles but one on Bolton, and I haven't gotten any deductions. We just took our Leadership and Military Justice test today and I thought it went smoothly as well. In case things go South, I'd still like the ability to log some soft hours hometown recruiting. My recruiting station sent me off telling me they'd back me if I wanted that. My recruiter isn't there anymore (he's actually at WOCS, funny enough), but I'm pretty sure they'll remember me and I'll ask my recruiter to jog their memories if they don't.

Is there anything I should be aware of when asking my recruiters to start kicking the paperwork into gear? Is there a specific process for initiating the request?
Rld85
1LT
1LT

Re: Hometown Recruiting?

Postby Rld85 Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:48 pm

I did HTR when I graduated BOLC a few years ago and don't remember the specifics. I do know the CO CDR needs to send a memo to OCS cadre stating he wants you in hometown recruiting detail. So hopefully you have a good relationship with the CO CDR, if not, you may want to start emailing them and establishing one.

Hometown recruiting is pretty relaxed. It is awkward though, you are a fresh OCS grad so you know nothing, but you outrank everyone in the recruiting center, but they are in charge of you at the same time... Eventually I found a place assisting the CO CDR in specific detail and wrote up a guide on how to be successful at OCS. Also assisted the local colleges ROTC programs to give my experience as newly minted LT. I'd try to be proactive and find some duties to provide to the recruiting center, otherwise they may have you go to the mall and try to get some guys to enlist.
pmcg0215
ArmyOCS.com Member

Re: Hometown Recruiting?

Postby pmcg0215 Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Much appreciated! I'll get back in touch with my station and see if I can get things moving.

Return to “Class 004-18”